Which is the best health insurance in India for a 30 yr old?
Health Insurance policies broadly have common features such as:
- They cover Hospitalization expenses.
- Provide an enhancement of sum insured automatically every year, if there is no claim in the previous year. This enhancement varies from 5% to 20%. And in some cases, such as Religare, on opting for Super NCB, the sum insured gets enhanced by 50% in the first 2 years and then subsequently by 10% each of the subsequent 3 years.
- All policies have waiting period clause of 3 types.
- The major differentiating factor is the approval of Cashless – which is by and large good in TATA AIG, Bajaj Allianz, Royal Sundaram and Religare. (Am talking of what I know of – and not saying that others are bad).
- As a 30 year old person who might be recently married, there is always a possibility of a child being born and Medicare Premier of Tata AIG covers maternity expenses (only of the delivery related expenses including Room expenses). However, there is a waiting period of 4 years.
The questions that you should be asking is:
- Whether premium / sum insured will be different if you stay in a semi urban area but take treatment in Metros.
b. What additional add ons are the Insurers providing? If someone says, Personal Accident cover – then I would suggest take an independent Personal Accident policy.
These are the things that come to the top of my mind. If you have any specific questions, write to me at email@example.com